Wednesday, March 01, 2006

WHAT KEEPS ME ALIVE?

I just feel in a really "positive" mood about hardcore right now. I love this music, and the energy it produces. It's the only stuff I can listen to and want to jump around my room and get stupid. It's funny cause I had a discussion the other day about live music in general and how checking out more mainstream bands is cool, but the energy is so tired, slow and seems so disconnected. I can't imagine ever getting tired of this, as tired as the genre can get sometimes. There is always so much focus on what's been done, and sometimes I feel there isn't enough support of what's going on right now. The past has it's importance, but it's the present that's here. It's the present, right now, that kids will look back on. I felt like listing off a few bands, but not all, that I feel are doing something interesting, new and exciting. These bands, and these records move me, and inspire me, and are some of the reasons I keep coming back. If you can, please take some time to check them out...
Killing The Dream - In Place, Apart Blacklisted - ...The Beat Goes On Modern Life Is War - Witness
You can check out all these bands at deathwishinc.com

4 comments:

Tre Till Death said...

I really wish I could have done those shows with all of you dudes. I will see you in San Diego though.

Thanks a ton for the props. You rule, for real.

Jon Utzat said...

Scott, I could not agree with you more. The new Modern Life Is War has re-established my love for hardcore... The new killing the dream is absolutely amazing from start to finish.

Tyler said...

All three of those albums are amazing. I think it's the passion, there's a sense of urgency and sincerity in the music. It's just something you can't ignore, it just captivates you, i think that's what's so special about hardcore music. Anyway, i can't wait to see your band play Toronto in a few weeks, im pretty stoked for it.

kylervk said...

hey scott, i was at your last show in iowa city. GREATEST SHOW OF MY LIFE. you are my hero, i even wrote an essay on it for a scholarship. you will be missed dearly.

p.s. modern life is war...representin` iowa!!!!!

take it easy
kyler