Tuesday, May 08, 2007

CEREAL KILLER

I have an intense love for cereal, and it has gone through many phases over the years, from sugar-covered marshmallows (particularly the special Halloween edition of Froot Loops with ghost-shaped marshmallows) to the overly healthy bran types. Bottom line is I love cereal in all of its glorious forms.

My first review is of Special K's newest offering "Chocolately Delight." I am definitely a sucker for advertising because I went looking for it after only seeing the commercial run a small handful of times. I was curious how this would work, as it offered health with chocolate chunks. Now first off, it isn't the typical Special K I remember my Mom eating, (basically Rice Krispies I always thought) it has a more of a Vector cereal type taste and shape. Kind of a hard taste to pinpoint, yet uniquely delicious. The first few bites of this cereal the combination and harmony of chocolate and Special K works, but this cereal falls victim to the same pitfalls as the original Special K. If you don't eat this fast, you'll end up with a soggy bowl of slop. I hate when cereal loses its crunch, so eating this requires your undivided attention. Although the two work quite nicely in taste together, this is a brief marriage, as I found the chocolate bits ended up sinking to the bottom, leaving you with nothing but chocolate chunks and milk. I'll use a scale of 1-5 spoons to rate these cereals with a 5 being a "must buy."
Special K Chocolatey Delight is worth a try, but you might as well eat Vector while snacking on a Hershey chocolate bar, that way you can get those equal bites this cereal definitely lacks.

2 spoons out of 5.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahaha...the spoon rating system is awesome. this morning i ate apple jacks. i give them a 4 out of 5.